Your Most Important Appointment of The Week…The One with Yourself
Most entrepreneurs are doers. They get up and go do. They get the job done. And then they burnout, they get stuck, they are working harder than they ever did in a “job”. This is often because they do not schedule Time To Think (TTT). To self-reflect. To think about the business, the future, their history, and where they can make adjustments. I can hear you saying now, “Who has time to self-reflects. I’ve got stuff to do.”
Once you build this habit, you will find it to be the most valuable use of time, in terms of money, fulfillment, and ease of operation period… full stop.
Let me suggest a few ways to create this habit.
- Consider and experiment – to find what works for you. For some people it is when they are running, journaling, or weeding the garden. For me it is journaling. I free associate in my journal every morning and just write whatever comes out. This typically reveals what is lurking under my conscious thinking so I can address it.
good questions to get more focus
- What went well?
- What would I do differently? (This is not “What went wrong.”)
- What was I uncomfortable doing?
- What will I commit to doing moving forward?
- What was your process to pursue your goals?
- Commit to the time. I have a one-hour block of time on Sunday AM where I review the week. What worked, what did I get done? How did it work? What would I change? This week it is updating some slides in a presentation that I did not like the way they flowed. One hour might be daunting at first. Maybe commit to 15 minutes at the beginning of the day or the end of the day. I have some clients take just a moment before they cross a threshold to ask:
- What outcome do I want from this?
- How do I want them to feel?
- Who do I have to be?
Just asking these question’s shifts the way we interact with each other.
I can promise you that if you take this time on a regular basis to review your business, your progress, your obstacles, and your insights…Your business will be transformed.
On September 25th we launch the Profit Accelerators Circle. This is a committed group of small business owners that are out to transform their business. It is business fundamentals. It is execution and it is accountability. If you are ready to stop waiting to see how this Pandemic is going to play out and you are ready to create your future click here to see if you qualify for the program.